Job Description: Public Relations/Social Media Intern
Small Providence-based communications firm that serves, public, private and non-profit clients is looking to fill one to two internship positions for Summer 2019. Responsibilities include: content creation, social media and digital communications, general media relations research and analysis and office support. The position will be supervised by the Managing Director.
Part-time, Unpaid, College Credit
Timeframe: Winter/Spring Semester 2020
- Create and curate engaging social media and written content for a variety of clients
- Develop and update media lists and databases and mailing lists
- Support drafting and executing press releases, media alerts, public service announcements and digital content
- Support team by performing various research tasks
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Represent the agency in a professional manner
- Attend weekly staff meetings and client meetings/events as asked
- Administrative duties such as scanning/copying, distribution of mail and answering the phone system
- Current enrollment in related BS/BA or post-graduate program
- Strong desire to learn and work in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong social media skills and thorough knowledge of platforms
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Google products
- Photo, graphic and video editing experience/exposure a bonus but not required
About New Harbor Group
New Harbor Group is a full-service communications and public policy agency located in Providence, Rhode Island. We craft authentic messages that support our clients’ brands, helping them to earn new business, increase sales and gain wider and more favorable recognition. We enhance our client’s success by our deep understanding of the region, its businesses and our innovative and collaborative approach.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Jacob Scearbo, [email protected].